Meeting Report, January 22
- Harrington, Give me the sweet delights of love
- Sermisy, harm. Bach, Was mein Gott will
- Sullivan, Bishopgarth
- Rore, Ancor che col partire
- Dowland, Flow not so fast ye fountains
- Ravenscroft, To Portsmouth
Meeting Report, January 29
- Byrd, Susannah Fair and Upon a Somers day
- Farrant, Lord for thy tender mercy's sake
- Senfl, Fortuna ad voces musicales
- Morley, April is in my Mistress' face
We will be meeting regularly on Tuesday nights at 7:45 PM at my place .
I expect our Spring schedule to be similar to what it's been the last few years, so we spend March and April working on music for the Walk for Hunger, which this year is on May 5. So for the next few weeks, we'll be doing some trying out of pieces that might be fun to do at the Walk. Come with your ideas.
I will need to know by the March 5 rehearsal who is planning to play the Walk for Hunger. As for the last couple of years, only the last two rehearsals before the walk are compulsory, but you will need to come to enough of the other rehearsals in March and April to learn the music.
The Secretary of State of Massachusetts has thrown a monkey-wrench into our normal schedule, and scheduled an election for April 30, which is the Tuesday before the Walk for Hunger. So we may have to schedule that rehearsal for some other time, or possibly just start it a bit later than usual.
When we know our program and personnel for the Walk, we may also want to discuss performing it in some informal venue.