Meeting report February 19
- Geneva Psalter, l'Omnipotent
- Vulpius, Gelobt sei Gott
- Arcadelt, Da bei rami (C) and Quand'io penso al martir
- Le Jeune, Revoici venir du printemps
- Wilbye, Weep, weep mine eyes
- Winter is icumen in
We will be meeting regularly on Tuesday nights at 7:45 PM at my place . In March and April, the meetings will concentrate on the music we will be planning for the Walk for Hunger, but except for the last two rehearsals in April, others are welcome to come. But see below about rehearsal discipline.
Walk for Hunger
I have accepted our invitation to play the Walk for Hunger at the same time and place as the last several years.
I will need to know by the March 5 rehearsal who is planning to play. I have so far been unable to do serious thinking about repertoire because hardly anyone has signed up.
As for the last couple of years, only the last two rehearsals before the walk are compulsory, but you will need to come to enough of the other rehearsals in March and April to learn the music.
Basically the commitment is:
- To learn the music we decide on in March and April.
- To come to the final two rehearsals in April. This means a regular rehearsal on Tuesday April 23, and one some time in the week or April 28. Because I will be working at the election on April 30, we may try to schedule the final rehearsal at some other time, and possibly even some other place, since rehearsing indoors for an outdoor performance is sub-optimal. We will schedule this rehearsal when we know who needs to come.
- To play two 1-hour sets, with at least a half hour break between them on Sunday, May 5, at the beautiful site on the banks of the Charles River, some time between 10 AM and 3 PM. This has usually meant being at the site between 11:30 AM and 3 PM, but this time can be modified slightly for the convenience of the performers. If you don't have at least three and a half hours free on May 5, this is the wrong performance to sign up for.
In addition, rehearsal discipline is a bit tighter when we're being a performing group than when we're being a dropin group. Performers should expect to show up for rehearsals on time, to let me know whether they're coming or not, and to bring the music and instruments they will be performing on.
There's also a possibility of scheduling a second performance of the music we learn for the Walk, but that's another thing we schedule when we know more about who is doing what.